Monday, June 25, 2012

Steps of Faith...

Life moves in Seasons.  It breathes.  It ebbs and flows.  Say it however you want, but one thing is for certain: No matter how you describe it, life has a way of changing up on us.

Change is hard.  And it often takes us into deep waters.  Places we have never before seen show up on our radar and all the insecurities of failure and rejection crop up.

Short and sweet today... As I am out the door on my way to a prayer and planning retreat, my thought is that every step of faith requires faith.  No matter how many steps of faith you have taken before, each new step of faith requires faith.  And there is that moment of realization that by committing to this direction or that direction, we could potentially have a colossal failure.  And we breathe deep and leap anyway believing that God has shown us this direction.  Or we don't and we "play it safe." and we sit in a false safety.

I don't know if in spending time with the Lord my faith is strengthened and the risk becomes worth it, or in taking the risk, I spend more time with the Lord and prayer harder and my faith is strengthened.  All I know is faith steps take faith.  So, breathe, pray, breath, leap...

"If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto Me." - Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment