Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The elephant in the room.....

The elephant in the room.....

If I preach against gay marriage, everybody cheers. If I preach about sin you can hear the amens ring. But those aren't the real problems. The biggest sin in our church is you sitting there doing nothing and still calling yourself a follower of Jesus.

The elephant in the evangelical room is that were not making disciples. People are still struggling through how to do that. We studied 2,500 Protestant church attendees and did so again a year later and the spiritual development was shocking and frustrating.

Whom are you discipling today?





Ed Stetzer
Author/Bible Teacher

2 comments:

  1. I have always been terrified of "evangelizing" to people. One day though, my sight shifted. The only one I really need please is God. So, If I really am committed to this God of mine, and really believe that Jesus came here and died for me and you and anyone else who desires it, I should let people know. So since then it has been a slow process. Some people you have to prod, so come to the table with inquiries. Some people avoid me a little. A friend of mine came to Jesus this last summer. The first one, who God has let me help with the process. I have had many conversations with a person of Muslim faith at my work. I started a prayer group there too. I have failed many a time and shrunk away from things I know God wanted me to do, and I regret it, because I think that God was had some major ways to show himself in those instances. God is greater, and for me at least, some of the craziest things that seem so far out, but are for the kingdom, if and when I take those steps, and all disaster could break loose, God is greater. God make miracles. Praise the LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am sending you to them to open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." - Acts 26:18.

    ReplyDelete