Friday, January 21, 2011

Difference between Ambition...

Here is a life long battle for us... How do we separate our personal ambition and God's ambition for us? Rather than waxing eloquent on this one, I would like to present you with 2 questions:

1. What is your dream for your life? Don't get all philosophical or overly spiritual like, "Just to do God's Will." That is nice and all, and we all could say that, but what is YOUR dream for your life?

2. How do you mesh that with God's agenda?

Enjoy the discussion.. and remember as Paul wrote: "I have LEARNED the secret of being content in any and all circumstances..." Philippians 4

2 comments:

  1. Pastor I have been thinking about this all weekend and even went so far as write a big long comment on how I once felt much more like I was right where the Lord wanted me and how I have been struggling to find that place in God's favor again. Then after staring at my text until I felt that it clearly was not going to sound any better no matter how I worded it. I decided to submit it. My network device froze up and it was apparent that those words were not going to be any easier to send than to say. That was last night... I found myself with another day to think about being in the place I should be.
    Tonight after the confusion subsided (everyone else went to bed) I have spent the rest of the evening studying the bible and I have realized that I have become luke warm in my relationship to the Lord. I read the passage which says "You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent" and I felt like that was what I was hearing from the Lord.
    That's where I am. I want nothing more than to feel like Jesus and I are close! That is my dream and my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. It is such a fluid thing to feel like I am right where God wants me. Lukewarm is the place of confusion because it allows my personal will and feelings to invade God's agenda. That is where most Christians fail or give up and quit. Thanks for continuing to fight!

    ReplyDelete